Counseling for Anxiety
Is anxiety taking over your life? Does it feel like you can’t control it no matter how hard you try? Do you notice changing your routine to avoid anxious feelings?
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option. That’s because anxiety therapy – as opposed to anxiety medication – treats more than just the symptoms to the problem.
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Feeling nervous, restless, or tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Increased heart rate
- Breathing rapidly (hyperventiliation)
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Feeling weak or tired
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Trouble sleeping
- Having the urge to avoid things that trigger anxiety
Therapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, learn how to relax, look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
If you suffer from symptoms of anxiety, we invite you to contact us today for a free consultation.